The 7th Annual Thanksgiving Day Races in Rosemary Beach Florida, will take place November 21-22, 2018. Recognized as one of the Top 10 Thanksgiving Day races in America by Southern Living, the 30A10K has been providing locals and visitors alike with a fun-filled Thanksgiving Day road race that not only is good for the body, but good for the soul.
To date, the 30A10K has donated over $250,000 dollars to local charities.
This year proceeds will support The Seaside Repertory Theater, Choctawhatchee Basin Alliance, Sandcastle Kids, and the Cultural Arts Alliance of Walton County.
Who does the 30A 10K support this year? The Choctawhatchee Basin Alliance, and wow look what they do for our local waterways: -30A10K.com
Posted by 30A on Saturday, 15 September 2018
All races start and finish in Rosemary Beach. The out-and-back courses wind along Scenic Highway 30A offering breathtaking views of the Gulf of Mexico, Camp Creek coastal dune lake and pristine beach communities. Runners of all ages can enjoy this fun, family friendly series of events with 10k, 5k, and 1 mile races.
This year’s race t-shirt is extra special as it truly is a work of art! Acclaimed local artist Justin Gaffrey has put his talent to work and created a painting specifically for the race. Another exciting addition is that the shirts are made from recycled plastic water bottles! Race sponsor 30A is providing the shirts. Each of their super soft recycled shirts saves eight plastic water bottles from ending up in our landfills and waterways.
Register by October 15 to guarantee that you take home one of 30A’s eco-friendly shirts that is also a piece of art!
Learn more about one of the beneficiaries – Sandcastle Kids – here:
Registration is now OPEN for the Thanksgiving @30A 10K…benefiting three local charities this year including Sandcastle Kids founded by Casey and Shelley Joiner: -30A10k.com
Posted by 30A on Saturday, 18 August 2018
This year’s Packet Pickup & Expo will be held at The HUB on 30A from 12 noon to 7 PM on Wednesday, November 21, 2018. Race participants and their families are encouraged to come enjoy the festive atmosphere and many food and retail offerings of The HUB onpacket pickup day.
The 30A10K is not possible without the support of its many volunteers. If you are not a runner but wish to be part of the fun and festivities, there are still some volunteer opportunities available. Check out http://30a10k.com/volunteers/ and find out how you can participate.
To help you plan your 30A10K fun here is the schedule of events.
DAY ONE: WEDNESDAY, NOV. 21
- Packet Pick Up and Race Expo at the Hub
- Noon to 7:00pm
- Back by popular demand, our Race Expo features fun for the whole family. The Hub features an outdoor marketplace with shops, restaurants and entertainment for all ages.
- Race shirts and bibs will be available for pick up.
DAY TWO: THURSDAY, NOV. 22 – RACE DAY!
- 10K Race kicks off at 7:30am
- 5K Race starts at 7:45 am
- 1 Mile Fun Run begins at 9:30am
- All races begin and end at downtown Rosemary Beach, Fla.
- Both lanes of Highway 30A will be closed from Rosemary Beach to Watersound during the race from 7am-10am.
- Parking locations are: Shades, Rosemary Beach (very limited), Alys Beach and Seacrest Beach. Keep in mind that vehicles parked along the race route will not be able to exit the parking area until Highway 30-A reopens at 10am.