The 8th Annual Thanksgiving Day Races in Rosemary Beach, Florida, will take place November 27-28, 2019. The 10K, 5K, and 1 mile fun run races all start and finish in Rosemary Beach.
Recognized as one of the Top 10 Thanksgiving Day races in America by Southern Living, the 30A10K has been providing locals and visitors alike with a fun-filled road race that not only is good for the body, but good for the soul.
To date, the 30A10K has donated over $350,000 dollars to local charities.
Charity partners for 2019 are Anchorage Children’s Home, Girls Inc of Bay County, The Cultural Arts Alliance of Walton County, the Choctawhatchee Basin Alliance, and the Foye Belle Foundation.
The out-and-back courses wind along Scenic Highway 30A offering breathtaking views of the Gulf Of Mexico, Camp Creek coastal dune lake and pristine beach communities.
Runners of all ages can enjoy this fun, family friendly series of events with 10k, 5k, and 1 mile races. This year, the race was chosen to be the Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) State of Florida Championship 10K Race for 2019.
This year’s Packet Pickup & Expo will be held at The Hub on 30A from 12 noon to 7 PM on Wednesday, November 27, 2019. Race participants and their families are encouraged to come enjoy the festive atmosphere and many food and retail offerings of The Hub on packet pickup day. Race shirts and bibs will also be available for pick up.
The 30A10K is not possible without the support of its many volunteers. If you are not a runner but wish to be part of the fun and festivities, there are still some volunteer opportunities available. Check out http://30a10k.com/volunteers/ and find out how you can participate.
To help you plan your 30A10K fun here is the schedule of events.
WEDNESDAY, NOV. 27, 2019 – PACKET PICK UP & EXPO
– Noon to 7 p.m. Packet Pick Up and Thanksgiving Extravaganza at the Hub. (Race day packet pickup is for emergencies only).
– The Race Expo features fun for the whole family. The Hub features an outdoor marketplace with shops, restaurants and entertainment for all ages.
– Race shirts and bibs will be available for pick up.
THURSDAY, NOV. 28, 2019 – RACE DAY!
– 5:30 a.m. Rosemary Beach Barrett Square closes for race set up. Use East and West Water Street for Detours
– 7 a.m. 30A Closes From East Water Street to Watersound Beach
– 7:30 a.m. 10K Race kicks off
– 7:35 a.m. 1 Mile Fun Run begins
– 9:30 a.m. 5K Race starts
– Since all races begin and end at downtown Rosemary Beach, both lanes of Highway 30A will be closed from Rosemary Beach to Watersound during the race from 7 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Parking locations are: Shades, Rosemary Beach (very limited), Alys Beach and Seacrest Beach. Keep in mind that vehicles parked along the race route will not be able to exit the parking area until Highway 30A reopens at 10:30 a.m.
– 10:30 a.m. 30A reopens to traffic
– 11 a.m. Rosemary Beach Barrett Square opens to traffic
– All finishers for the 10K, 5K and 1 Mile races receive a signature keepsake medal. This year’s new 10K and 5K race medals feature an interlocking design so runners who finish both races can link them together.