The 6th Annual 30A 10K Thanksgiving Day Races in Rosemary Beach, Florida, will take place November 22-24, 2017. Recognized as one of the top 10 Thanksgiving Day races in America by Southern Living and Active.com, this is a fantastic way to get the whole family moving and enjoy the spirit of Thanksgiving.
All races start and finish in Rosemary Beach. The out-and-back courses wind along Scenic Highway 30-A offering breathtaking views of the Gulf of Mexico, Camp Creek Coastal Dune lake and takes runners past pristine beach communities.
New for 2017 is the addition of the Pumpkin 5K, which is now sold out; limited spots remain in the 1 mile and 10K races.
Another first is the first ever online silent auction. The top auction items are available for bidding online and you’re going to want to see this! Click here and set up your account to support our our local charities and grab these unique items now!
🏃🏃🏿🏃🏻 HURRY!! – If you haven’t registered for the 30A 10K, 5K or 1-Mile Fun Run on Thanksgiving 🦃 in Rosemary Beach, Florida, you’re running out of time!!!! www.30A10K.com 👟👟
Posted by 30A on Monday, 2 October 2017
After a day of shopping and exploring South Walton, visitors check in at 30Avenue for an event to add even more incentive to join in and spend the weekend in the southern beach paradise! Otium Studios & 30Avenue will host a restorative yoga program for participating runners followed by signature 30A 10K cocktail specials and wine discounts from event partners at Amici 30A at 4 p.m.
The 5K will commence fifteen minutes after all 10K runners have left the gate.
The 30A 10K has donated over $200,000 to local charities during the first five years of the race. The 2017 race will support Guardian ad Litem Foundation, Sandcastle Kids, and the Seaside Repertory Theater.
The 2017 30A 10K schedule is as follows:
Packet Pick Up and Fall Festival: Wednesday, November 22
– Packet Pick Up and Fall Festival at 30Avenue in Inlet Beach. The race expo features more than 30 vendors offering everything from running goods to local specialties perfect for holiday gifts.
– Packets include special coupons, race swag and deals on Thanksgiving Day meals at local restaurants and pre-ordered dinners
– Live music and games
– Shopping, food and fun at 30Avenue
Race Day: Thursday, November 23 – Race Day
– 10K Race kicks off at 7:30 a.m.
– 5K Race starts at 7:45 a.m.
– 1 Mile Fun Run begins at 9:30 a.m. All races begin and end at downtown Rosemary Beach.
– Both lanes of Highway 30-A will be closed from Rosemary Beach to Watersound during the race from 7 a.m. – 10 a.m.
– Parking locations are: 30Avenue, Shades Bar & Grill, Rosemary Beach (very limited), Alys Beach and Seacrest Beach. Keep in mind that vehicles parked along the race route will not be able to exit the parking area until Highway 30-A reopens at 10 a.m.
South Walton Sip & Stretch: Friday, November 24
– The newest Friday event is free to those who register via Active.com.
– Otium & 30Avenue will host a restorative yoga program followed by wine and cocktails at 3 p.m.