Explore The Outdoors Festival
Saturday, October 14
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Live Oak Landing
229 Pitts Avenue
Freeport, FL 32439
lton Outdoors is hosting the eighth annual Explore The Outdoors Festival on Saturday, October 14, 2017. The event will be held from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the beautiful waterfront location of Live Oak Landing at 229 Pitts Avenue in Freeport, Florida.
Hands-on activities will include fishing, kayaking, hydrobiking, boating, wildlife encounters, archery, interactive educational exhibits, giveaways and much more.
The event is free. The water activities are geared for children six-years-old and up.
Food will be available for purchase from Black Creek Café.
Activities and exhibits include:
• Learn to fish on Black Creek
• FISH FLORIDA fishing rod/reel giveaways
• Freshwater fishing education with Florida Fish and Wildlife
• Emerald Coast Hydrobike cruises
• Archery with Freeport Parks and Recreation
• Boating with Wounded Warrior Fishing
• Boating with Backwater Tours
• Birding with the Choctawhatchee Audubon Society
• Wildlife exhibit with Florida Fish and Wildlife
• Florida State Park exhibits
• Northwest Florida Astronomy Club
• Choctawhatchee Basin Alliance touch tank
• Smokey the Bear and his friends from Forestry
• Florida Sea Grant exhibit
• Freeport Town Planters Society crafts
• Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge exhibit
• Butterfly exhibit
• Beekeeping exhibit
• Walton County Master Gardeners activity
• Glendale Memorial Nature Preserve
• Navarre Beach Marine Science exhibit
• Nonie’s Ark Animal Encounters
For more info, visit Walton Outdoors or call 850-267-2064.