Where the Wild Things Run: Early Packet Pick Up
Friday, October 13
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
24295 US Highway 331 South Unit B
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Race through the woods for a wild adventure! Join in for the 2nd Annual Where the Wild Things Run. Sign up for the 5K Trail Run or 1 Mile “Little Critter” Fun Run benefiting the E.O.Wilson Biophilia Nature Center on Saturday, October 14.
The 5K Trail Run course will take you through parts of Nokuse Plantation, a 53,000 acre conservation area. The challenging terrain will highlight the diversity and beauty of Northwest Florida. Runners, joggers and walkers of all ages are welcome.
8 a.m. – Little Critter Fun Run
9:30 a.m. – 5K Trail Run
All 5K Trail Run Advanced Registrants, or first 300 signed up, will receive t-shirt, wooden finisher medal, & swag bag. All “Little Critter” Fun Run Advanced Registrants, or first 100 signed up, will receive wooden finisher medal.
Registration and Pricing:
5K Trail Run: $35.00
“Little Critter” 1 Mile Fun Run: $15.00
(Children 12 and younger only, please)
*Biophilia Members receive 20% Discount with Coupon Code.
Online advanced registration will be cut off on Thursday, October 12. Any remaining registrations will still be accepted (Cash or Check) at early packet pick up or the day of the race.
Early Packet pick up:
Friday, October 13, 5-7 pm @ Bay Baits (base of HWY 331 Bridge)
Saturday, October 14, starting at 7 am.
7:00 AM: Race Packet Pick-Up and Late registration if available.
8:00 AM: “Little Critter” 1 Mile Fun Run Start
*Please arrive no less than 30 minutes early for 1 Mile Fun Run.
9:30 AM: 5K Trail Run Starts
*Please arrive early (at least 45 minutes) to allow enough time to walk approx. 1 mile to starting line for 5K. Shuttles will also be available.
After the Race:
Celebrate with food, beer, music, bounce house & interactive museum/exhibits.
11:15 AM: Awards Announced
· Due to uneven, rough, and possible muddy terrain, this trail is NOT stroller or pet friendly
· Runners will park in gravel lot located in front of main Biophilia Center building. Check in and Registration will be located on front boardwalk in front of main building.
· A Secure and free bag check is available with race bib entry.
· 1 Mile “Little Critter” runners are encouraged to wear their favorite woodland animal or wild thing costume as they run through the woods.
· Fun Run runners please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to race.
· 5K Runners will walk/warm up through Biophilia trails to get to starting line (approx. 1 mile from main building). Biophilia staff will also be shuttling people out to race start via golf carts. *Please arrive early to ensure enough time for transportation to race start.
Awards will be presented in the following categories:
Overall Male and Female for 5K
Overall Male and Female for Fun Run
Male and Female in Fun Run: Ages 6 and under, 7-9, 10-12
Male and Female in 5K: Ages 19 & Under, 20-35, 36-50, 50 and up