The South Walton Fire District Beach Safety Division is hiring Professional Open Water Lifeguards for the 2021 season!
• Must be at least 17 years of age
• Must have a high school diploma
• Must be able to work weekends and public holidays
• Must be in good physical condition
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Must be able to complete a 500 meter swim in less than 10 minutes
• Must be able to complete a 1.2 mile beach run in less than 12 minutes
• Must successfully complete a background check and drug screen
The schedule is flexible with full-time and part-time hours available. Paid training will be provided with no prior needed!
Salary: $15 – 17.50 per hour.
MUST-READ: A Day in the Life of a Lifeguard.
Upon employment, candidates must successfully complete the South Walton Fire District’s 40 Hour Open Water Lifeguard Orientation (USLA Curriculum), and the DOT First Responder Course.
Tryout are currently on. Training will start effective immediately.
Lifeguard towers are located at the following regional access points: Inlet beach, Rosemary, Seacrest, Van Ness Butlter, Blue mountain Beach, Gulfview Heights, Ed Walline Park, Dune Allen, Dune Allen, Beach House, Pompano joes
If you are interested in this opportunity, please download the application form and send it to email@example.com or call 850-267-1298, EXT 2252.