From bars to restaurants, almost everyone who visits 30A for vacation would conclude that our area is sincerely accommodating to canine companions. Likewise, locals love to bring their pets for an afternoon out for lunch or drinks.
An overwhelming majority of the restaurants and bars on 30A welcome pet owners and their four-legged friends.
We’ve compiled the Ultimate List of Dog Friendly Bars, Coffee Shops and Restaurants on 30A, especially since more than half of all vacationers report they bring Fido along on their trip.
While dogs are seen strolling the cobblestone streets of Rosemary Beach and having treats in beachy bistros, don’t forget you must still have a permit to bring your dog on the beach.
The establishments listed all allow dogs in the outdoor patio seating only.
• This outdoor shopping and dining venue has many pet friendly places such as Outpost, Amici and 30A Burger. 12805 US HWY 98 EAST, thirtyavenue.com
• Shades Bar & Grill, 10952 E County Hwy 30A, shades30a.com
82 S Barrett Square, restaurantparadis.com
• Cowgirl Kitchen – Offering outside patio seating with bowls of water
54 Main St, cowgirlkitchen.com
• Wild Olives – Outside patio seating, bowls of water
104 N Barrett Square, wildolivesmarket.info
• La Crema
38 Main St, http://www.lacrematapas.com
• Amavida Coffee
104 N Barrett Square, amavida.com
• Summer Kitchen Café
78 Main St, thesummerkitchencafe.com
• Southside Slice
74 Town Hall Rd Suite 1B, slice30a.com
• Grits & Grind
10343 E County Hwy 30A #119, gritsandgrindbreakfast.com
• La Cocina
10343 E County Hwy 30A, lacocina30a.com
• Peddler’s Pub
10343 E County Hwy 30A
• George’s at Alys Beach
30 Castle Harbour Dr, georgesatalysbeach.com
• Neat – This posh bottle shop and tasting room offers outside seating suitable for pets and their owners looking to enjoy a cocktail or glass of artisan wine with shareable snacks or charcuterie, alysbeach.com/dining/neat/
• Fonville Press – Walk fido right out onto this cozy patio with your coffee and breakfast sandwich.
147 West La Garza Lane alysbeach.com/dining/fonville
• Home to The Hub with a pet-friendly family vibe, it has a healthy helping of several food and drink options and outdoor seating available for you and your tag along.
24 Hub Lane, hub30a.com
• Bruno’s Pizza – 6652 E County Hwy 30A, brunospizza30a.com
• 723 Whiskey Bravo
3031 E County Hwy 30A, 723whiskeybravo.com
• Old Florida Fish House
33 Heron’s Watch Way, oldfloridafishhouse.com
• Steamboat Grill
4935 E County Hwy 30A, steamboatgrill30a.com
• The Perfect Pig
4281 E County Hwy 30A #30A, theperfetpig.com
• Cowgirl Kitchen
3005 E County Hwy 30A, cowgirlkitchen.com/seagrove
• Surfing Deer
2743 E County Hwy 30A, surfingdeer.com
• Seagrove Village Market
2976 S County Hwy 395 seagrovevillagemarket.com
• Airstream Row: The line of airstream food trucks (Barefoot BBQ, Frost Bites, The Melt Down on 30A, Raw & Juicy, Wild Bill’s Beach Dogs, Five Daughters) lines Hwy 30A and is a haven for families and dog owners alike.
You and your dog can grab some street fare or a cold beverage and take a stroll around the square.
• Great Southern Café
83 Central Square, thegreatsoutherncafe.com
• Amavida Coffee
2236 E County Hwy 30A, amavida.com
• Bud & Alley’s
2236 East Co Hwy 30A, budandalleys.com
• 45 Central Wine & Sushi Bar
45 Central Square, fortyfivecentral.com
2236 E County Hwy 30A
• The Wine Bar
1735 E County Hwy 30A, thewinebarfl.com/the-wine-bar-watercolor-on-30a
Likely the most prominent and proud dog-friendly village along 30A, Grayton’s unofficial slogan really says it all about the attitude toward our four-legged friends: “Nice Dogs, Friendly Folks.” Dogs are basically family here.
• Grayton Seafood Company – Not only has a pup friendly patio, but they’re so enthusiastic about sharing their space with your doggies, they pepper their Instagram feed with photos of their furry guests and their owners. Bowls for water and dog treats available.
50 Uptown Grayton Cir #1, graytonseafood.com
• The Red Bar
70 Hotz Ave, theredbar.com
• Chanticleer Eatery – Friendly dogs are always welcome on the patio.
55 Clayton Ln, chanticleereatery.com
• AJ’s of Grayton Beach
63 Defuniak St, ajsgrayton.com
63 Hotz Ave, chiringograyton.com
• Hurricane Oyster Bar
5773, 37 Logan Ln #4, hurricaneoyster.com
• Black Bear Bread Company – This ‘selfie-with-your-dog-friendly’ boutique bakery is situated near the “New Dogs of Grayton” mural in the Shops of Grayton. The fundraising art installation will tug at your heart strings, each dog portrait lovingly painted by their owner. 26 Logan Ln Unit G, blackbearbreadco.com
• Pickle Factory
38 Clayton Ln, picklepizza.com
• Grayton Beer Brewpub – An enormous outdoor patio means more room for all the friendly dogs, not to mention the terrific craft beers and food.
170 E County Hwy 30A, https://www.graytonbeer.com/brewpub/
Blue Mountain Beach
• Redd’s Fueling Station – Grab a drink with your pup and hang out on the outside patio that is designated only for cocktails and drinks, no food service.
2320 W County Hwy 30A, reddsfuel.com
• Local Catch
3711 W County Hwy 30A, localcatch30a.com
• Basmati’s – Their screened-in patio hosts limited seating but will welcome dogs, call ahead for availability.
3295 W County Hwy 30A, basmatisthirtya.com
• Blue Mabel – new drive thru restaurant with patio seating, dog friendly
3865 W County Hwy 30A, goatfeathersseafood.com
• Johnny McTighe’s Irish Pub
2298 W County Hwy 30A, johnnymctigheirishpub.com
Santa Rosa Beach/Gulf Place
• The Bay Restaurant
24215 Hwy. 331, https://baysouthwalton.com/
• The Perfect Pig
7 Town Center Loop C11, www.theperfectpig.com
• Shunk Gulley
1875 S Co Hwy 393, shunkgulley.com
• La Playa – Their expansive outdoor seating area that turns into a music venue every Thursday, offers plenty of room to dine with your dog. Bowls of water are available.
37 Town Center Loop C8, laplaya30-a.com
• Pizza by the Sea
95 Laura Hamilton Blvd, pizzabythesea.com
Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort/Baytowne
• The Marina Bar and Grill, Another Broken Egg and all of the Baytowne Wharf restaurants with patios
When deciding whether to bring your dog with you for a bite to eat or cocktail, you’ve got plenty of options here on 30A. These businesses would love to see you and welcome them, so grab the leash and get out on 30A with your best friend.
Please note that while each of these was confirmed with staff and management, things do change over time. Please don’t be upset if a place listed here stops allowing pets on their porches. We will update if you drop us a line.
Did we miss a pet friendly establishment? Let us know.
CAROLINE STEPHENSON is a contributing writer to 30A.