Mountainfilm on Tour brings a selection of culturally rich, adventure-packed and incredibly inspiring documentary films curated from the Mountainfilm Festival held every Memorial Day weekend in Telluride, Colorado.
Celebrating its 18th year, the event has added a third day to the outdoor film festival dedicated to educating, inspiring, and motivating audiences about issues that matter. The tour will return to Santa Rosa Beach at the WaterColor Marina Park November 2-3, 2018. NOTE: The showing for November 1 has been CANCELLED due to bad weather.
The films showcased during the three-night outdoor festival will explore the themes connected to Mountainfilm’s mission: using the power of film, art and ideas to inspire audiences to create a better world.
Tickets are priced at $35 per day or $80 for a two-day weekend pass if purchased by November 1.
Gates open at 5:45 p.m. with films beginning at 7 p.m. Mountainfilm on Tour at WaterColor is a rain or shine event. Ticket purchases are non-refundable.
Purchase your Mountainfilm on Tour tickets online.
Additional events open to the public, include:
• An early morning Coffee Talk with, featured filmmaker of , on Saturday, November 3, 9:30 – 10:30 a.m. in the WaterColor Inn Library
• A Coastal Eco Tour with a certified Master Naturalist on Western Lake on Saturday, November 3 at 11 a.m.; guests can bring a board or rent a board, kayak or canoe at the WaterColor BoatHouse
• As always, Kidz Kino is a part of the Mountainfilm Festival available for children ages 6-12. Supervised by the Recreation Staff, this event allows parents to drop off their children to watch an evening of kid-friendly movies created for and some even by kids, and of course pizza!
Kidz Kino pricing is the same as the regular admission pricing; Kids Kino movie line-up is the same for each evening.
Kid-friendly films will be featured at the WaterColor LakeHouse and parents will be required to sign their child(ren) in and out.
Please bring a blanket or chairs for seating; only low-back chairs will be permitted. Selections of festival fare, wine and beer will be available for purchase. No pets allowed to the event. No outside food, beverage or coolers allowed in the Mountainfilm festival gates.
Here’s the movie playlist*:
Thursday, November 1, 2018
- This day’s schedule has been cancelled due to inclement weather.
Friday, November 2, 2018
- Riccarda de Eccher: Montagna
- Life Coach
- Mothered by Mountains
- Follow Through
- Hayley: 90 seconds about fear
- Frontier of Firsts
- Return from Desolation
- The Coffin Club
Saturday, November 3, 2018
- RJ Ripper
- Brothers of Climbing
- Climbing Out of a Disaster
- Adventure Not War
- Brighter Night
- Corbet’s Couloir Segment of Rogue Elements
- 2.5 MILLION
- The Frenchy
- Break On Through
- Surf the Line
*Films are subject to change