WaterColor has always been one of the most popular communities along the 30A. Its homes sell and rent for top dollar and are in demand months, if not years, in advance.
But WaterColor is not only the location of some spectacular properties, it is increasingly seen as the home of many of 30A’s top cultural events and annual activities.
One event keenly anticipated by both locals and visitors is the annual Mountainfilm on Tour, which returns to WaterColor on November 4 and 5, 2022. Click HERE to buy tickets.
“This is one of our favorite events of the year,” says Gabrielle Testa, General Manager of WaterColor Inn & Resort. “It’s a great time of year to explore WaterColor, but more than that, Mountainfilm on Tour brings inspirational films to the Marina Park Amphitheater”
While many of the short films and documentaries are spellbinding, the venue for this 2-night outdoor film festival is equally breathtaking.
Nestled in a natural amphitheater, surrounded by lush vegetation, festival-goers bring a lawn chair or a blanket, buy a drink or a bite to eat, and get comfortable under the starry skies to watch the thought-provoking documentaries and short films the festival is famous for.
Mountainfilm on Tour brings a selection of culturally rich, inspiring documentary films to 30A, chosen from a selection first screened at the Mountainfilm Festival in Telluride, Colorado earlier in the year.
“We were blown away by the incredible films this year and the important stories and themes that were shared” said Telluride’s Mountainfilm Festival Director Suzan Beraza.
The films selected for Mountainfilm on Tour will explore themes connected to the Mountainfilm mission of exploring cultures, preserving the environment, and promoting adventure.
“Many of our guests return every year to reignite their spirit of adventure and curiosity which keeps them charged up for the rest of the year too” explained Ms. Testa. “It’s an honor to be a part of making this happen, and it’s worth all the hard work our staff put into hosting the film festival.”
This year’s movie list includes diverse, thought-provoking movies:
Click here to check out the list of films to be screened on Friday
Click here to check out the list of films to be screened on Saturday
• Bring a blanket or low-back chair(s) for seating (maximum 30-inch height restriction applies and will be enforced).
• Chairs are not allowed to be placed at the event prior to gates opening and will be removed.
• Selections of festival fare, wine, and beer will be available for purchase.
• No outside food, beverage, or coolers allowed in the Mountainfilm festival gates.
• No pets allowed at the event.
• Adult language is used in some films and may not be appropriate for younger children.
• Mountainfilm on Tour at WaterColor is a rain or shine event; ticket purchases are non-refundable unless the event is canceled or postponed.