A new 30A scholarship fund has been established to help provide financial assistance to high school seniors in Walton, Okaloosa, and Bay County, Florida. Applicants must plan to major in a Communication or Media-related field, including but not limited to Public Relations, Advertising, Videography, Journalism, Digital Media, Broadcasting, Social Media and/or other Information Sciences.
“We want to identify and support promising young talent right here in our community,” said Mike Ragsdale, who graduated from The University of Alabama with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication and a Master’s Degree in Advertising and Public Relations. “I remember how hard it was to pay for college, and every scholarship and grant helped me and my parents immensely. We are very excited to start this new local tradition of honoring and propelling excellence in our community.”
– Applicants must currently be enrolled as a high school senior, with plans to graduate in Spring or Summer 2021.
– Applicants must plan to be enrolled in at a college or university beginning Fall 2021.
– Applicants must reside full-time in Walton, Okaloosa or Bay County, Florida.
– Applicants must plan to major in a Communication or Media-related program, including but not limited to Public Relations, Advertising, Videography, Journalism, Digital Media, Broadcasting, Social Media and/or other Information Sciences.
The 30A scholarship recipient will be awarded a one-time amount of $2,000. The 30A scholarship will be awarded to a new high school senior every year. To apply, qualified students should submit the following information:
*Please submit a link to a brief video (maximum of two minutes) about yourself. Feel free to make the video your own but topics could include:
– Why do you want to enter the field of Communication?
– Tell us something extraordinary that you’ve achieved in your life.
– Tell us about your dream job.
– What are your passions?
– How long have you lived on the coast?
– Where do you envision yourself in 10 years?
If you have any questions about the scholarship or application process, please contact us.