The project team and local dignitaries attended the ground-breaking ceremony at the hotel’s future site at the west end of the town center. Howard Hospitality, a division of Howard Group specializing in hotel management, will manage Hyatt Place Sandestin at Grand Boulevard.
The project will bring an estimated 100 construction and hotel operation jobs to Walton County. It is projected to open in late 2018.
Howard Hospitality is collaborating with HVS Design – a Maryland-based interior design firm specializing in the hospitality industry – to design the hotel interior.
Paying homage to South Walton’s flourishing arts and culture community, the hotel will feature local artwork as a focal point in the lobby and continue throughout the common areas.
Hyatt Place Sandestin at Grand Boulevard will also feature more than 1,600 square feet of continuous and versatile meeting space for up to 100 people.
“The Hyatt Place brand is a natural fit and distinctive addition to Grand Boulevard’s Town Center,” said Karen McNevin, Vice President of Hospitality and Human Resources for Howard Group.
The new hotel will be in walking distance to Grand Boulevard’s Town Center and its retail, dining, office and entertainment options including Grand Park, Boulevard 10 Movie Theater, Pottery Barn, Anthropologie and Emeril’s Coastal Italian Restaurant, which will open soon.
Hyatt Place Sandestin at Grand Boulevard will feature:
– 84 guest rooms with separate spaces to sleep, work and play, as well as a Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper
– A free hot breakfast for guests available daily in the Gallery Kitchen, features hot breakfast items, fresh fruit, steel cut oatmeal, Greek yogurt, and more
– 24/7 Gallery Menu & Market serving freshly prepared meals anytime, day or night
– Coffee to Cocktails Bar featuring speciality coffees and premium beers, as well as wines and cocktails
– Odds & Ends program for forgotten items that guests can buy, borrow or enjoy for free
– Free Wi-Fi throughout hotel and guestrooms
– 1,600 square feet of flexible, high-tech meeting/function space
– 24-hour Gym featuring cardio equipment with LCD touchscreens