From full menus to delicious one-off items, 30A has a respectable number of options for vegans and vegetarians at restaurants when the rest of the group is a bit more of an omnivore.
Vegan vs. Vegetarian: A Handy Re-cap
Both vegetarians and vegans exclude meat, poultry, and seafood from their diet. Some vegetarians also exclude dairy, some don’t, and some may consume eggs. Pescatarians don’t eat meat but do eat fish.
Vegans take it a step further by eliminating all animal products from their diet. This includes any type of animal milk and eggs, any foods produced using animals or animal products in any way – looking at you honey, gelatin, and marshmallows.
Let’s dive into some of the places and menus that will soothe your veggie needs.
1. Raw and Juicy has options for both vegans and vegetarians. Enjoy a smoothie, cold-pressed juice, or coffee and a rotating menu of baked goods, salads, wraps, grain bowls, and more. Enjoy handcrafted, organic dishes in their beautiful Alys Beach location.
2. For the Health of It specializes in only the finest certified organic produce, fresh made-to-order juices and smoothies, and a comprehensive selection of organic and natural groceries and local offerings. Stop by for grab and go options perfect for the beach or stock up on items to make your own vegan and vegetarian meals at home.
Looking for delicious baked goods?
3. Check out La Loba’s Bakery & Cafe’s offerings of vegan muffins, cookies, cakes, and special orders available for cupcakes and more. Stop in their Blue Mountain Beach location for sweet treats and delicious breakfast and lunch items.
4. Everkrisp. You can choose from their set menu or build your own custom salad or grain bowl. Grab something just for you or find to-go options perfect for the whole group or office. Location in Grand Boulevard.
5. Five Daughter’s Bakery. The iconic 100 layer doughnut makers have delicious vegan options available with seasonal flavors. Locations in Rosemary Beach and Seaside Airstream Row. Make sure you go early before they run out!
6. Pecan Jacks 30A is known for their variety of sweets and homemade ice cream flavors, including dairy-free options like Peach and Very Berry. Vegetarian-friendly although not vegan (gelatin strikes again).
7. Pizza by the Sea has non-dairy cheese and a cauliflower crust which are great for a family-fun vegetarian meal.
8. Eat and energize at Freshii at 30Avenue. Smoothie bowls, tofu options, salads, and juice cleanses are all available. Stop by for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
9. Farmers Markets are a 30A tradition with weekend markets in Seaside, Seascape, Grand Boulevard, and Rosemary Beach. Pick up produce and other vegetarian and vegan products all while finding a new favorite local vendor! Check out our daily event calendar for changing seasonal hours and dates.
10-17: And for anyone looking for vegetarian or vegan options while out with the whole family, there are plenty of places with great dishes that make everyone happy. Just a few favorites include Chiringo, Chanticleer Bakery & Eatery, Great Southern Cafe, Grayton Beer Brewpub, North Beach Tortilla Co., Red Fish Taco, Vin’tij Food & Wine, and The Vue on 30A.
Check out the complete list of restaurants in the area on our Dining Page.
JESSICA ROBERTS is a Santa Rosa Beach writer and event producer. When not working or writing, you’ll find her out on the water or traveling somewhere new.