Year after year, people break away from the traditional work grind and move to the beach to set their own schedules and enjoy the change of pace. Whether you are a local looking for a new space to break up your routine, or someone visiting looking for a space to get a little work done before fully entering vacation mode, here are a few of our favorite work spaces in and around the 30A corridor.
Visit Canopy Cowork in Rosemary Beach for a more intimate setting. Six desks are available for monthly rentals. WiFi, printing, snacks & coffee, and even a book exchange are all included in the price along with 24/7, secure access. Interested individuals can email email@example.com for rates.
2. Regus at Grand Boulevard provides a multitude of options – office space, coworking spaces with flexible plans, a virtual office to provide an address – not PO Box, and hourly or daily rates for their meeting room.
For the more traditional setting, we are lucky to have a variety of coffee shops around town perfect for a quick email or a longer work day with plenty of caffeine to keep you going.
Enjoy rotating local art exhibits, organic, single-source coffees and teas, and you can even pick up your favorite 30A Gear in the Rosemary location.
4. Caffe Siena is perfect for an early start to your morning, and then enjoy the shopping and dining of Baytowne Wharf.
5. Of course, there’s the traveling go-to: Starbucks! Just like your usual coffee order, it’s the same wherever you go. Locations in Grand Boulevard and Silver Sands Outlets.
6. Even the busiest people need to eat! Schedule your next work meeting around lunch and try out Grayton Beer Brewpub.
Pair your lunch choice with one of their craft beers and take some to go. You’re at the beach. There’s no judgment here.
7. Black Bear Bread Co. offers Stumptown Coffee, delicious menu items like avocado tartine and freshly baked goods from James Beard Outstanding Baker nominee, Deb Swenerton. Plus, they have expanded to include a Bar Room in case your meeting runs into Happy Hour.
8. Anyone looking for healthy, vegan and vegetarian options can visit Raw + Juicy in their serene, Alys Beach location. Great playground space if you have the kids with you too!
9. If you’re looking for something a bit more private, the Coastal Branch Library is centrally-located right off Hwy 331 and is great for students and business people alike.
10. We would be remiss to leave off one of the greatest work spaces along the Gulf of Mexico… well, the beach of course! If you’re in need of something a bit more off the grid (since there is no guarantee you’ll connect to WiFi), the beach is the ultimate location for catching up on your analog work (or using your unlimited data).
If you have to work while you’re at the beach, just don’t work too hard.
JESSICA ROBERTS is a Santa Rosa Beach writer and event producer. When not working or writing, you’ll find her out on the water or traveling somewhere new.