Calling all teens and tweens! A relaxing beach day with friends is a hard thing to beat. But when fun needs to be taken up a notch, South Walton, Florida has you covered. Check out this list of fun to-dos on and around 30A.
1. The Shard Shop in Grayton Beach offers a chance to flex those artistic muscles. Pop in there and create a one-of-a-kind piece of art with glass shards.
Everything needed is supplied and an hour of creativity becomes a beach souvenir for your room or a thoughtful gift for someone special.
2. Spend a day in Grand Boulevard at Sandestin. Browse in some of the fun shops, grab lunch at a delicious restaurant, or be sweet to your sweet tooth at Kilwin’s Chocolate and Ice Cream. There’s also a great movie theater to catch the latest.
3. Hang at The Hub on 30A. Grab your crew for movies under the stars, dance parties with DJ Mike Whitty, live music, shopping, burger joints, and ice cream. It’s a no brainer go-to for a fun happening summer night.
4. Rent a 30A electric bike from the YOLO Store in Gulf Place. Relax, feel the wind in your face, and see 30A in style…without breaking a sweat.
You can rent bikes from any of the bike shops along 30A or from your rental company and explore the charm of 30A at your own pace. Click HERE to rent a bike today!
6. For those renting in Watercolor while visiting 30A, Camp Watercolor offers an amazing treat that will float your boat (or inner tube). The new winding lazy river is the perfect stay-cool afternoon meander.
7. Have a beach bonfire! Think s’mores, hot dogs, and ghost crab sightings. Book an experience today!
8. Beat the heat (or a rainy day) indoors with a paintbrush. Kathleen Broaderick’s Chroma 30A provides all the inspiration you need to paint a masterpiece, even if your fingers have never met a paintbrush. Moms get 50% off on a mother-daughter class! All supplies included.
10. Baytowne Wharf in Sandestin offers a smorgasbord of choices when it comes to food, shopping, and fun. Challenge a friend at Baytowne Adventure Zone with bungee jumps, sky rope courses, and ziplines. On Wednesday nights, there are summer concerts on the green from 7- 9 pm, and on Tuesdays a fireworks show lights up the night sky at 9:15 pm.
11. How about a dolphin tour? The tours leave from Destin harbor, so it’s a car ride away but it’s a great day spent on the water!
14. If you’re looking for something fun and free, do some geocaching around 30A. The race is on. Challenge your friends and see who can find the many hidden treasures first. Just download the Geocaching app and let it lead you around South Walton on an epic hunt.
CHRISTY (CHICK) HUGHES is a freelance writer and a respiratory therapist living in South Walton. She and her husband moved to the beach in 2000. One sunset…and the couple never looked back. Find her at her blog chickhughes.com.