If you would like to volunteer with Hurricane Michael recovery efforts, visit volunteerflorida.org and fill out the volunteer form. you can also sign up at crowdrelief.net as a volunteer.
In true 30A fashion, the community is stepping up and many local businesses and individuals are extending help and support on social media.
Here’s a round-up of the big and small ways you participate and/ or contribute to Hurricane Michael relief efforts:
UPDATES: October 16, 2018
This Friday and Saturday 10/19 and 10/20 Beachy Clean Car Wash in Santa Rosa Beach will be giving 100% of the car wash income to the victims of Hurricane Michael. Beachy Clean will then match what is raised! It will open 9am-5pm offering exterior washes and full detail washes. For more info, call them 850-267-8400
UPDATES: October 15, 2018
As a founding member of The Sonder Project, 30A continues to support our volunteer teams as they work daily in the hardest hit areas. We have set up a direct donation to the 501(c)3 organization. 100 percent of donations will go to victims.
Justin Gaffrey Gallery is a drop off location for relief supplies for Hurricane Michael. Justin is accepting ready-to-eat food items, baby products, tarps and new (in package) socks and undergarments. Justin has been on the ground in Panama City since Thursday.
Chef Jim Shirley of The Bay restaurant is accepting bottled water, gallon jugs & propane donations on Monday, October 15, for their Operation Mobile Relief Kitchen. Please drop off all donations next door to The Bay restaurant at the entrance next to Bay Baits between 6 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Hillary & Reverie – Drop Off location URGENT NEEDS: ready to eat food, baby food, clorox wipes, toiletries, diapers, and towels. He has told us that currently they have plenty of water. LOCATION: Our office is located between the HUB and Watersound on 30A at the Grace Point community.
UPDATES: October 14, 2018
The 30A Company is donating 100% of all sales of this Limited Edition SHORE UP Shirt Goes to Help Hurricane Michael victims. Read more HERE.
The awesome folks at Grayton Beach Catering will be positioned at the John Lee Nissan lot located at 120 East 23rd St Panama City with ice water and hot food. They are accepting donations of water, Gatorade and juice drinks. They’re located at 2303 Us Hwy 98 West … Drop off on Oct 14 and 15.
UPDATES: October 13, 2018
Sheriff Tommy Ford announced that a massive amount of resources have arrived within Bay County to help with the recovery effort. The Salvation Army is now feeding the public at nine different locations across Bay County.
Grayton Beer Company is serving as a regional staging and distribution center for hurricane supplies. They have already received deliveries from Walmart headquarters in Arkansas and expect more shipments. Walton County Sheriff’s office is coordinating supply distribution in cooperation with Bay, Gulf, Franklin county sheriff’s offices to ensure supplies get where they are needed quickly. Walton County Sheriff Mike Adkinson says, “Help is going to be needed, not just for the next several days, but for weeks and weeks. We want everyone to know we will be there until the end.”
Grayton Beer’s taproom facility will also be a drop zone for the National Diaper Bank Coalition and as a community drop zone. Citizens can bring donation supplies to Grayton Beer Company, 217 Serenoa Rd, Santa Rosa Beach, Florida 32459
High priority items are water, non-perishable food, cleaning products, diapers, toiletries, new clothing & bedding, and first aid products. Supplies can be dropped off at any time inside the Taproom or by the door.
Destiny Worship Center has secured their Panama City Beach campus and are accepting donations that will then be transported to areas of need. U-Haul trucks have been parked at each of their 5 locations and are accepting the items on the list above at all devices this weekend as well as normal office hours throughout the coming weeks.
Would you partner with us and offer your financial support to those affected by Hurricane Michael? Simply click the link below and 100% of all donations will go directly to relief efforts for the storm. Stay tuned for future updates on other ways you can help to assist.
Hurricane Relief Fund: https://bit.ly/2yzSt28
Posted by Destiny Worship Center on Thursday, 11 October 2018
• Join in for the Baytowne Wharf Beer Festival happening TODAY, October 13, 2018, where all the proceeds of Sandestin Foundation for Kids will be donated to the Hurricane Michael relief efforts. Tickets are still available for tonight and tomorrow here.
• The Red Bar and Louis Louis are setting up drop stations. You can donate: water bottles, clothing, toiletries, tools, canned goods, medicines, cleaning supplies, all paper products, work gloves, tarps, hand sanitizers, rubber gloves, diapers, baby formula, wipes, individually packaged snacks, plastic silverware, batteries, flashlights, and dry goods. Chuck and Carmen styles from Graffiti’s restaurant are providing a U-Haul truck leaving Monday to Panama City and east of there.
The Red Bar is located at: 70 Hotz Ave, Santa Rosa Beach, Florida 32459 and can be reached at 850-231-1008.
Louis Louis is located at 35 Mussett Bayou Rd, Santa Rosa Beach, Florida 32459 and can be reached at 850-267-1500. If no one is there to accept personally, drop off items on the patio at LouisLouis.
UPDATES: October 12, 2018
Watch this video to learn how you can help:
Working with Safe Water for Walton to help those affected by Hurricane Michael. Thanks to all who have already donated and for those wishing to donate online -click here: https://bit.ly/2pMYLYb
Posted by YOLO Board on Thursday, 11 October 2018
For more info, follow their updates on Facebook.
• Alaqua Animal Refuge is seeking funding and supplies to help individuals and shelters in the areas affected by #HurricaneMichael. Relief items include: bottled water, dog and cat food, litter, linens, cleaning products and dog and cat crates for safe transportation of animals. www.alaqua.org/michael
• Food for Thought is collecting the following items to assist those affected by #HurricaneMichael: diapers, pull-ups, wipes, underwear for children all sizes, formula (premixed would be easiest), bottles, pacifiers. They are working directly with emergency responders to ensure we get these supplies into the hands of those in need.
Drop off location:
132 Market St SRB
Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
• The St. Joe Company (the team behind WaterColor Inn & Resort, Watersound, The Pearl RB, etc.) announced that they are donating $1 MILLION to help with hurricane relief efforts. Learn more about their incredible gesture here.
• Stinky’s Bait Shack is collecting hurricane relief supplies for Bay and Gulf County. You can donate: non perishables, batteries, baby care items, first aid supplies, fuel cans, work gloves, bug spray and more. Get in touch with them here.
• Destin Commons will be housing a drop-off location with a semi-truck parked in between Bass Pro Shops and World of Beer that will be collecting all donations from 7 a.m. until midnight every day between now and Saturday, October 27. Those who are unable to make it to Destin Commons may drop off their donations at Brotula’s, Century 21 Blue Marlin Pelican’s Destin location, Cuvée Kitchen, or Jackacuda’s to be delivered to the main drop-off site at Destin Commons. All donations of any kind are welcome and appreciated.
If anyone would like to make a monetary donation to go towards the purchase of supplies, please visit one of the following:
- www.FloridaDisasterFund.org or text Disaster to 20222
- www.Redcross.org or text Michael to 90999
If you know of other local businesses making organized efforts towards hurricane relief efforts, please email us or let us know in the comments.
(*Please note that due to limited supplies and displaced staff, some of the above mentioned businesses might be operating in limited capacity. Please call them in advance before visiting).
As for surf conditions, the YELLOW FLAGS are up, indicating moderate surf with potential rip currents remaining from Hurricane Michael. It’s best to stay out of water until the debris is cleared out.
We will continue to update this page through the day as we receive more updates. So stay tuned!